View Single Post
Old 17-01-2019, 03:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshe
You have a very good ear for sound, vibration and tone!
Not really. It is just that I am very familiar with that kind of chanting, so when I started to listen to the Piaroan Shaman, I was instantly taken back ….. What the! Am I hearing things?
And had to test them both with the “Hiawatha” poem, within the link.

When I hear the beats of 4 – (I subconsciously awake) The importance of number 4, eh, ImthatIm - you are familiar with that number your way through your culture and tradition.

Longfellow’s “Hiawatha” – I trust is a genuine collection of Native American stories, though I don’t know for sure. Longfellow just compiled them and put them into our poem-meter style. And our singers didn’t ‘invent’ it – that chanting style comes from how old oral tradition in Eurasia/Siberia.
Some had it some didn’t and I don’t know which one is which.

Not expecting anyone to see this, but just leaving the link here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFeE_EcwRDs

But if a somewhat similar chanting style existed/exists in shamanic South America as well (???) – was Longfellow then fraudulent? (as he was publicly accused of plagiarism by Thomas Conrad Porter at the time) Or did he choose intuitively?

I think sometimes it might be best to leave things as an open question-mark.

Quote:
I imagine the various tribes in the Orinoco region go into trance states in different ways, some by chanting, others through dance, others through natural herbs found in the jungle. Or, a combination of all of the aforementioned
I’m learning – thank you Yeshe!
And if one is a descendant of a trance culture – one is a descendant of a trance culture.