View Single Post
Old 15-01-2019, 12:29 AM
Newbie ;)

Dear Sentient, thank you so much for your kind response and posting. Please feel free to post as many links as you can, your links are all teaching me, as I am sure others who are viewing this thread 😊

I agree wholeheartedly with you, yes we can project our romanticisms and fantasies upon indigenous cultures. This happens all the time, I have seen it happen to me and others around me.

With that said, I truly believe there is no such thing as “outsiders” per se, I believe true awareness of love, compassion and kindness, with the altruistic intention of helping other sentient beings transcends all language and culture, wisdom/awareness recognizes no one culture or language, but rather encompasses them all. At least that is my humble two cents. 😉

At the end of the day, we are all decedents of indigenous cultures around the world. I was the first of my family born in Canada, my family comes from Venezuela, and my ancestry goes back to the indigenous cultures of the Oronoco region. And sadly, I know all too well how Indigenous cultures around the world have suffered, most stories of which, are not love and light.

Mind you, I am always learning everyday, and thanks to you, I will have the honor and pleasure of getting to know the Taiwanese Aboriginal history.

Thank you so very much for sharing the words of wisdom from your Tibetan Lama Friend with me, words of wisdom indeed!