Thread: Robert Adams
View Single Post
Old 19-07-2019, 07:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara5
something in you- observes your thoughts (and obviously that something is not your thoughts), otherwise, how can you report it ?

Thoughts come, stay and go but it isn't YOU that comes and goes with your thoughts....Something is aware of COMING staying and Going.... Who is he? Because of Self/Consciousness/Awareness thinking is known to be happening. And that Awareness is like empty space or screen upon which everything is seen...coming going everything...Go inwards

Mooji says - 'You want to taste the honey, you don't want to be the honey'. What is this honey? It is the satchidananda state—the perfume of the Self experienced as existence, consciousness and bliss.

Peace

The same something in you that observes your thoughts is the same something in you that creates the thoughts .

You can't divide one from the other because there is only what you are .

Try observing your thoughts when what you are is absent from the mind-body .

You won't be able to because what you are of the mind-body is a package deal .

There requires self to witness and observe .

As Ramana put it across Pure awareness becomes self-awareness. When there is a Self, self-awareness is the witness. When there is no self to witness, there is no witnessing either.

Now what you are suggesting here is that you can observe your thoughts in a way where you are not your thoughts .. It is incorrect because like said without self being present there would be no thoughts to watch .. and self is what you are . There is only what you are .. There is no divide .. There is nothing that what you are isn't .

This is two sides of the coin . Saying I am not the world, I have nothing to do with the body is a one sided perspective and it isn't the whole story .

Whose thoughts are they that you are watching?

What else is there present that is not what you are that can conjure up a thought about the weather?

Can you answer me this?

x daz x