Thread: Robert Adams
View Single Post
Old 18-07-2019, 07:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara5
But, I'm not attached to him or any other master. I have got a great thirst for TRUTH. I have walked down many paths....I began reading Osho (when i was a young girl) then went through J.Krishnamurti, Thich Nhat Hanh, Eckhart Tolle and don't know how many others, attended silent Vipassana meditation retreats...and got more and more disillusioned.. but self-inquiry(atma-vichara) allowed me to go deep inside myself...allowed me to see the Truth..

His actions and words?
There is no ownership of Truth.
Truth is one, paths/teachers are many.. What is Tolle's is everybody's....
I can understand that certain people at a certain stage have a thirst for TRUTH as you put it . I certainly did and I turned within and spent many years understanding myself, the mind and such likes and realizing the sameness and the differences that relate to them and their absence .

I am glad you have entertained self enquiry and not relied solely on the teachings of others ..
So what truth have you seen? Does this truth mirror what all teachers say or just a few?
Have you realized both sides of the coin for instance?
I mean it is easy to say I am not the body like Adams suggests but another teacher will say you are the body and you are also not the body .
Some teachers, teach one side of the coin because they have only realized one side ..

What then happens is there is resonation had with certain teachers because there is similar realizations had, but it's not the whole story .
What is misleading is when a student / seeker has had no experience for themselves they then believe in a one sided story to be the whole truth .

It can be a form of brainwashing, what is to be taken into consideration also is that many well known teachers have spent many years studying the scriptures and other material which is fine to a degree, but where would they be without them .
What one needs to ask themselves is what is actually realized and what is not .
You will find that there is plenty that is written by teachers that is not realized ..

x daz x