Thread: It's Holistic
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2016, 07:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Imma a yoga disciple who loves walking, tennis dance and anything else that feels good in my body where I am at and feel I want to be. I have done lots of other different styles of exercise classes, where I had to move hard and fast, lift weights and all that jazz and it all served me where I was and needed to be.

Yes, I was a bit hard on the incense sniffing, candle burning posers, but I didn't mean it. I was just trying to be a bit entertaining. Yoga is actually the most holistic exercise style there is. I mean martial arts warm ups are pretty much all yoga in origin ad the breath use is the same. We just took yoga and used to it to kill people. There we go with the dark humour again, because I can tell you as a martial arts trainer that the main part of martial ARTS is the art of living, and that means not getting into fights, let alone killing. It has become a sport and and a form of entertainment, so many schools have forgotten the ART of it, but actually yoga and martial arts are very similar as an art of living... In the training I did, it was like, explode, and that kind of hit was lethal. We were not permitted to compete in tournaments, because comparison with others is the wrong mentality, ant tournaments encourage poor technique. That's how martial arts lost it, by becoming 'competitive'. Comparison with others for the sake of seeing the potential is good, comparison to see 'who's better' is bad. Anyway... Yogw = yes. It's just not for me.

Quote:
I agree with you, doing what you love and matches you is what it is all about. I guess I seek good health and feeling more alive and doing what I love. So for me personally its a whole body awareness in need and listening so I move in the way I am needing to be moving.

Yep, and exercise needs to be a whole body awareness and precise co-ordinated control. Many try to distract away from the pain, but that isn't actually good for the mindful equanimity, to be aware of body and calm of mind is the holistic approach. My entire meditation is pretty much based on that principle.

Quote:
I recently started a pretty focused healthy diet that suits my body, I pretty much am just eating clean food and healthy and I have noticed a lot of my body aches have subsided and so with that ease of movement I am enjoying most all I engage in for health.[/quote

My diet absolutely transformed. I don't eat anything unless it's high octane fuel for the body. I simply need the energy and I can't waste space on food that's not nutritious. Demand for protein is through the roof. The main thing that motivated me besided feeling like ****, was the paunch belly fat, so I started thinking I need to eat less, but then I had low energy, so I actually eat more now than before, but smaller portions like 4 or 5 times in a day, It's like the body is burning food, and I can't let that fire go out, so I have to add fuel as soon as it burns low. I did lose a kilo in the first month anyway, so it still works. More muscle, less fat.

I don't do hugs in yoga with everyone lol.

I hug those I want to hug, end of story.

(I don't like faking hugs, they have to have some meaning in the reflection and the extension)

Personally, I don't hug anyone, and I don't like it when people assume it's OK, but they do that, and I just go through it as a formality rather than creating an awkward moment. I just don't initiate it. Not that I'm really adverse to it or anything, just that my space is a zone where I rule and others need permission to enter it. I likes the oriental custom of bowing at a respectful distance.

Last edited by Gem : 20-07-2016 at 11:34 AM.