View Single Post
Old 23-12-2011, 06:00 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
Probably the best way to differentiate Spiritualism from Spirituality is that Spirituality is the belief or practice of emphasizing the spiritual, as opposed to the material, aspects of man.

Spiritualism is the belief that the soul or spirit of man survives the death of the body, that it is possible for those still on earth to contact those who have passed beyond earthly life, and the practice of attempting to do so.

All Spiritualists are spiritual but not all spiritual people are Spiritualists.

Jim

Some Spiritualists will disagree with, quote: "Spiritualism is the belief that the soul or spirit of man survives the death of the body..." Belief is for issues where evidence isn't available - Spiritualism has evidence of survival beyond death, hence belief isn't needed. Compare the belief that Jesus the Nazarene was the son of God and came that we be saved.

quote: "All Spiritualists are spiritual....." This is conjecture without a definition of what 'spiritual' implies.

The following doesn't strictly apply either, quote: "...that it is possible for those still on earth to contact those who have passed beyond earthly life...." I won't enlarge as I've already mentioned this aspect. The more one tries to define, the greater the risk of personal colouration.

KISS, I suggest, is better. Keep It Simple Sweetie