View Single Post
Old 24-02-2018, 11:52 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
It strikes me just how much people seem to wish to retreat to the spiritual - away from the physical.

Perhaps if we either accept who we are physically or perhaps push past what we deem to be our limitations - we might come to accept "what is".
All religions were right for that culture at that time, perhaps the exception to that is Christianity thanks to Constantine but it did keep them under control. If religion is a reflection of the culture, what does that say about today's culture and Spirituality? I saw a brilliant article in one of the papers - "the snowflake generation" and retreating into Spirituality is a symptom of that.

Everybody has an agenda, everybody has reasons for adopting Spirituality in the first place and for their belief framework for being the way it is. Keeping it with the gist of the OP I guess awareness and freedom comes easily within Spirituality, Spirituality itself is anything people say it is so everything under that banner becomes the same. Spirituality is built on human nature.