View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 08:57 AM
Lorelyen

It's possible that some people try to prove something mystical with logic. Some internet "spiritual" drivel is riddled with attempts at logic but built on false premises and factoids.

I'm not under this misconception re atheism. It requires as much a stretch of belief as the usual religious views of the various gods and afterlife. It's also seems to rely on our five senses telling us everything rather than being a human limitation because there seems to be more (so some of us find). It's possible to trust what we think we know - an atheist might claim "and that's all there is" where I know it isn't.

As for the universe I regard it as one vast system where everything is functionally related. Do something - and the whole system has to adjust. (There might just be a problem with the measurement but that doesn't deny the theory.) We notice it closer to home with Earthen ecology. We control nothing, just make adjustments. Humanity is just another component in the culture dish. Whether an event can be random or not is unprovable. We have neither the modelling capacity nor time to find out.

An interesting topic to me being an enthusiast of General Systems theory.