View Single Post
Old 31-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealtwist
Hey, I recently lost my soul mate pet. A beautiful blue point Siamese named Storm (I have a couple of threads in other areas of the forum, because I am heartbroken.and I thought what better place to find compassion and understanding and insight about departed pets.) I also have a dog that I think is a soul mate too:) He is also heart broken he lost his best friend his kitty. It makes me think that they are soul mates a cat and a dog.

I Believe we have special connections with our pets. I will use the label soul mates. I am thinking about reincarnating pets that come back in a different body. I am fairly certain that I have had the same cat twice now. This little soul will return to me in time. I will recognize it.

What does everyone think? Do you have /had a special connection to a pet? Do you think they keep coming back? Any thoughts and feelings on this would be greatly appreciated.

My answer to whether we can have a Soul mate relationship with an animal is Yes! We can and do.
My dog was when she lived, and still is now she has moved to the spirit world. I recognized her always as "being of the same Soul-Group as me."
I always felt something like this when she was alive here. But I didn't stop to think about it. We just were.
But since she has "passed on" -the essence of her is even stronger (still her in every sense, but more "concentrated" somehow, like something in her has distilled.) And I have begun to realize it is, and always was, this essence which will always be bonded with my essence.
I have no idea how things will pan out, how many forms we might become in passages of time yet, and ways of manifestation, or how many other Souls I may encounter that I connect with in this same way. Apart from my mother, she is the only one so far I've known while alive here.