View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 04:32 AM
Knower
Root: As I begin to meditate, my usual feelings of paranoia and anxiety overwhelm me. Social phobia. Attachment issues. Self-doubt. Anhedonia. Existential dread. Far too often, I experience relaxation-induced anxiety and agitation, which seems to defeat the point of meditation or rest. Tranquilizers and sedatives have a similarly counterproductive effect. But every so often, with a heavy sigh, I suddenly overflow with relief from my fears. Security. Stability. An empowering solidarity with the earth beneath me and the air around me.

Sacral: Feelings of semi-sexual bliss. Easy to be distracted by this energy, rather than let it....permeate throughout my being.

Navel: An epiphany. A sudden sense of identity, although I can't really put that identity into words. A reaffirming of confidence and security.

Heart: Guilt. Shame. Fear. A powerful urge to cry, so I won't meditate to this point unless I'm home alone. With enough confidence and privacy, I may work past my guilt, and continue to cry like an infant as my heart grows warm and fuzzy with love. This isn't something I particularly enjoy.

Throat: A feeling almost like hypoxia, but more pleasant. Another wave of confidence and almost aggression. The sometimes distracting urge to hop up and paint, write, or sing. To change the world.

Brow: The realization that I don't need to change the world. Things are as they are, and they will be as they will be. Difficulty feeling the edges of my body. A sensation of floating, and experiences of synesthesia which absolutely amaze and confound me. My face is probably twitching at this point.

Crown: Not quite sure