View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 10:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRDivine
I guess I am paranoid. Don't want to do things that is going to be bad for my spirit.

I was once paranoid when my son was into gaming stuff, it was during my deeper spiritual work in myself. When I actually learned to stop and listen to why he invested himself into it, I realized it wasn't how I was seeing it and feeling it to be. He explained to me his reasons and why he enjoyed such things. I stopped bothering him after that. And I gave him his freedom to enjoy the things he was passionate about. I realize he has gained much through the whole creative process, inclusive of connections, ways to offload his emotional triggers, ways to express create and be successful in something he loves. I see more than just a game he plays now. He has been an in depth gamer for a long time now, but I also see him successful in his job, has good friends, is supporting himself and is responsible for his life. If I was seeing him hooked and consumed by this stuff and not living his life I would be concerned as his mother. A balanced life is a healthier life.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder