View Single Post
Old 19-09-2018, 05:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Something to consider is that perfection is a human word, concept and judgment. So in that sense yes, there is truth to the notion that perfection doesn't actually exist. Spirit isn't perfection. The perfection concept does not exist as any aspect of the (non-judgmental) Spirit state. Rather, the Spirit state IS. With regards to the OP statement -- God wants us to be perfect -- the word perfection here can be understood as the human being's inadequate attempt to comprehend the unfathomable reality of the Spirit state of IS.

Hey B

Yes, that's my point. The definition of perfection is a human concept like time is. When we transition perfection and time have no meaning. As a Virgo I have always been geared towards perfectionistic tendencies until I awoke and trying to keep things 'perfect' sent me into a meltdown.

Eventually I learned that perfection doesn't exist because things are constantly changing. You dust the house, it's perfect for a few seconds because more dust will settle. The lawn looks freshly cut, but grass will grow and a bird will poop on it or a rabbit will dig a hole. These are things you cannot control.

Then, how about people? No one is perfect for we all have bad days, less than nice thoughts because that's human.