View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 05:19 PM
Knower
Question Spirit connecting through iPod and wireless headphones?

Last night I needed some time alone. The only quiet place at the time was the bathroom, so I hung out there for 30 minutes. I was listening to music on my iPod while thinking about someone who had passed away last year. I was really missing this person and I was just thinking inside my head. Mostly thoughts about wanting to contact them again and hoping they were OK. Part of me wondered if they really had heard my previous letters; I read them out loud. For the most part I think they did, but there is sometimes doubt.

This is where it gets interesting. After 30 minutes, I put my iPod and headphones on the toiletry cart and walked out of the bathroom. When I returned, my iPod songs were shuffled, which I did not do myself. And when I do shuffle my songs the songs will continuously play. The song that it changed to was Bruce Springsteen's "We Are Alive." The song wasn't playing, it was paused at one minute sixteen seconds (1:16). So I listened to it from that point and heard these lyrics: "We are alive. And though our bodies lie alone here in the dark. Our spirits rise to carry the fire and light the spark" -- The song title and lyrics made the hairs on my neck stand up!! That was the feeling I got.

The person I had been thinking about was a huge Bruce Springsteen fan and had even met him several times. I'd like to think that this was his way of telling me that while he is gone his spirit is still very much alive. Other times songs involving this person will pop inside my head, or I hear them on the radio.

Of course, I could be overthinking all of this. However, it is not out of the question for a ghost or spirit to operate some sort of electronic device. If one could change the song on an iPod, does that mean they know what songs are on it?

Also, I purchased a pair of wireless headphones 2 months ago and have had quite a bit of static while listening to them. Not sure if there is some interference with the signal to my iPod or if it's something else. I haven't dropped them and they are always fully charged before I put them on. It could be that the signal is picking up other things in my room. If that's the case though, why didn't the noisy static start right after I got them? They worked fine for about 1 1/2 months. Has anyone else had this issue with wireless headphones? Thanks.