View Single Post
Old 17-10-2017, 10:38 PM
Master
Well. I don’t know the answers to my question, which is why I asked it, to explore it.
Because sometimes it can be a bit ambiguous, who is dreaming whom.
Is it the absolute/totality dreaming up the relative or the relative dreaming up the absolute?

I think there can be 3 different approaches to “path”.
One is to study/follow a specific spiritual philosophy, dogma or belief and do the practices/ rituals etc. i.e. take the mapped, charted route. The safe option.

The other (more intuitive) approach is to just to remain “unoccupied” (not-doing, not-knowing) and enter the unknown, uncharted territory, the wilderness with nothing but the “antenna” on the top of your head (so to speak), letting the path spontaneously manifest/unfold itself - if it will.
Here the resonating reflections (like echoes of eternity) can be anything (take any form) at any-time and act as guidance and they do have a trance-like, dreaming, non-dual quality about them.

The third approach is perhaps a mixture of both, the intuitive and the grounding knowledge.

Haven’t got a clue what Kierkegaard meant with his “highwayman” (not familiar with Kierkegaard), so I make up my own story.
On that intuitive path there is Spirit waiting in ambush on every mountain pass or ravine and like a “highwayman” demands that you drop your luggage, your valuables, your clothes, well everything in order to proceed onward the next leg of your desolate situation on the path created (by whom?).