View Single Post
Old 26-07-2019, 03:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The main thing is, nothing will work out without the proactivity, and when that is the case, giving it an honest best effort is as much as you can do. But you can't be half baked and the later say you tried your best.

Occasionally something just happens and it falls in my lap, but rarely, and doing things that are hard take effort. if it's really hard it takes a max effort. If it's too hard, then even a max effort is not enough. Not making an effort is never going to work, so I do not believe the spiritual 'ask and receive' so much as I believe 'God helps those who help themselves' - I would say 'you can't do a decent deadlift unless you train for it'. The iron makes it simple. You can dream of it and you should, but you have to do what it takes to make it happen.

The smaller elements are interesting because I may have an idea, a dream, a vision, but I don't know what's going to actually happen. I have to keep that part of me aware of what's happening moment to moment so I know what is happening now, what I'm doing now, without knowing what's going to happen next and be comfortable in the uncertainty, but then again, this is easy-peasy for the complacent who don't put anything in, but not easy for the one who took it seriously and put a lot into it. That lift is important only because it was trained for, and you only train for it because it's important. See what I mean?

Yes. I’m seeing what you mean.

In your case and life where your focused right now, it’s showing in being actively engaged gets the results. It’s important to the lifestyle your choosing. It’s your choice and it’s requirements are quite rigorous and require dedication, repitition and focus..In this case even if the business doesn’t take off the way you would like, even if in competition you fail to win, there is you as the dream who has gained from all this. Your fit and healthy, you can do things you couldn’t do before and so the process has been your gain, the results may not have reached the mark you anticipated could or wanted to be, but your a winner anyway..

And you know what they say about winners don’t you? ;)

The new age thought about imagining yourself into being, most definitely works for some things in life. It’s been well documented by those who practice it and see results. It could well be people need this process to start to see the link between mind and reality as outlet reflection. So those times life somehow magically intercedes at just the right moment in our need often opens people to not only change their thoughts, but also see that life does support us at times. Those times can and often are a catalyst to transfer from pain and struggle, to seeing how life can be when we change. It’s in those moments the potential begins to rise above its pre conceived ideas about itself and life. We see we can do anything, if we apply ourselves in how we think about those things and how we feel. We shift the pendulum and it’s amazing what the pull in this away can awaken in people. So as I shared where you are, doing what your choosing, it’s not going to happen overnight, but it will happen and yes it’s a choice that requires more than your imagined self. Well where you are now in yourself it does.

I went to a seminar once whereby the speaker talked about studies done on those who imagined themselves as their goal. Strangely there were things mentioned about seeing changes in them, that you where you are and me where I am might see as “not possible” People were showing physical changes in their bodies through the power of thought and imagination. It’s a hard concept for me to fathom, but who knows? The potential of the mind/body in positive light might be something we just haven’t imagined yet?