View Single Post
Old 23-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Knower

I wasn't into trying to convert anyone, but when I first started on this journey I did want to talk about it. Learned really fast that it's not a subject to bring up with just anyone.

Now I have a couple of folks in my life who like to talk about spirituality, including my older sister. Each of us - these folks I know - experience the universe differently, but for the most part we're on the same page in that we believe that even when our experiences are very different, what's real and true for each of us is equally real and true (to the best of our knowledge). There are so many, many layers to reality, there's no reason for me (or them) to say, "That's not what I experience/believe, and therefore you are wrong." Or - argh - "You just can't see it yet. You'll get there," as though one of us is on a 'higher' path or is more 'advanced' than the others. Differences of experience just don't always equate with one being right and the other wrong. There's room in this universe for all experiences.

Or, that's how I see it anyway. =-)

I'm glad you found this forum, linen, especially since you don't have anyone nearby to speak with.