View Single Post
Old 30-11-2018, 05:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
lol I can definitely relate to your first paragraph, and thankfully some of the subsequent ones too though I couldn't (and I know shouldn't) compare myself to you. I guess that I have just experienced some fleeting moments of this special kind of love, and when you talked about tears rolling down your cheeks it reminded me of a couple times from my own life.. mostly while being outside, and I think while reading a book about divinity and the simplicity of surrender and such called The Door of Everything. or even while writing in a notebook myself and coming up with beautiful quotes about life and love or peace. then there have also been times that I got captivated by a flower or tree or the wind and Sun and so on.. but it can happen indoors with art or words of others too.

due to my sensitivity at least somewhat similar to yours (but I think I let my mind plague me too much mentally otherwise as well) I am too often consumed with less desirable thoughts and sentiment so I don't have clarity in this all encompassing love sense that often but I really do feel awe at the planet (I want to say the universe but I don't know it that well lol, though of course the stars are up there and speak along with the Moon and certainly the Sun) and creations of mankind and whatever. it's just so wonderful to gain peace and exuberance from mere thoughts and reflection on what is and what can be. I suppose that is what makes me a spiritual person even though I'm afraid I'm faking it at times. it just is what is and I'm grateful to be at least a little aware of it and I can call that love for sure
That was very beautiful to read. Thank you.

I must have a look for that book myself, as reading William James' "The Variety of Religious Experience" is getting to be like trying to plow through "War and Peace" ...I get distracted by anything and everything because it is so long!

As we start taking everything for granted, we lose the sense of awe and wonder we once had and everything seems to fade into "bleh" and "meh" and at times, "blehmeh"...The drudgery of existence at its finest hour.

Gratitude and appreciation goes totally out the window when one sunrise becomes the same as every other sunrise and all flowers start looking and smelling the same and we need something to rekindle the fire of spiritual passion...and when we continue pushing it all back into the obscure parts of the subconscious, the Dark Night of the Soul comes upon us once more and all that can be said is "I already thought I went through all that.. apparently not" *sigh*