Thread: Black magic
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 12:46 AM
Lepus

Hello norseman,

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Grey squirrels were relocated to an area where they already existed.
HOWEVER, the good news. The Reds are on the increase, returning to old areas. THis is mostly due to the actions of their guardians and Nature Wardens. Also, a breeding population has been re-located to an off-shore island where there are no predators or greys, this group will be our legacy for the future - this is just one example of the many endeavours by volunteers, such as re-introduction of the Red Kite, Sea Eagles and buzzards. The Otter is now back in every British river. Still in process are beavers - judgement still out on them. The badgers are under attack from culling but being resisted strongly. There are two more for the future. We eradicated the major predators centuries ago. We are over-run by deer because of lack of predators, so moves are afoot to bring back the Lynx to resolve this. But the top of the Stack is my personal dream - the Wolf. They have spread right across Europe and have reached the Channel coast - 25 miles of sea stop them spreading further until we take a hand. It is a long-felt dream of mine to hear wolf-song over my moors - maybe in my next life.

There are hunters hunting grey squirrels with an airgun in the woodlands. I'm not sure what they do with them, nor I care to find out, but I don't approve. I'm not the type of individual who gets to decide who lives and dies - I let Mother Nature decide. I am glad you're relocating the grey squirrels to a different location rather than eradicating them - there's always 'ethical' ways to resolve a problem without killing; well, to me that is how I view things.

Keep up the good work! You're an inspiration that's for sure. I can picture the wolves howling near the moors.

Blessed be,
Lepus