View Single Post
Old 26-10-2017, 06:22 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy92l
I've always felt different, like I was torn out of a book. Some type of character that no one had believed really existed.

It's not the way I dress, or talk, or act.... but at the same time, maybe it's all of it?

Have any of you ever felt this way? You just feel strange and like you stick out. People don't know you as "Oh, that one guy", but as an odd character.

I was recruited into a church to play guitar and I sat there tuning my guitar with only a few people in the room... this little boy walks up to me and goes "You should be famous.... I mean, you seem like you're famous. You look it".

It was the most bizarre thing I'd ever experienced. I had only played one song and this tiny little kid goes just "You look famous".

This is NOT meant to be a narcissistic post, I actually felt sort of self absorbed writing it. I am just reaching out to see if anyone can explain this / validate it???

No surprise. We're individual anyway. As we grow up the institutions we're involved with: school, parents' circle of friends (if they have one), religious outfits, do all they can to suppress that individuality by way of conditioning. Some of us preserve that spark though.

For me it was initially home circumstances that set me aside - later an interest in the metaphysical as a teenager at school. I wasn't alone (thankfully...these days I'd probably be bullied for being different) but the other two or three also interested formed a clique-tte, all different in our ways.

Doesn't sound like narcissism though (not using that term loosely or in a derogatory way as happens here often) just you being you.