View Single Post
Old 29-10-2017, 06:52 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Yes, I believe the internet is partly conscious but still thanks to human creativity. Algorithms appear that allow it to recognise and act on stimuli (inputs) that were beyond my imaginings, say, 10 years ago.

It seems that as people get more reliant on technology that the corollary is technology is using humans to learn how to improve itself. So far it's needed human mediation but we're moving toward machines that can educate themselves.

Oh yea, then those machines will then build, maintain and educate other machines i guess as well, humans won't need to do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It makes me wonder what the end will be. Machines will soon make humans redundant. Will they be allowed to live on? Will there be a resurgence? A "Terminator"-styled war? Or will humans die out? And if so why would machines want to survive unless they really are the next evolutionary stage of "life" and can create a purpose? Would the unanswered spiritual questions therefore just shift up a level?

Im not sure but if the internet is becoming conscious and you also have people putting microchips into themselves just so they can open doors at there work place with the wave of there hand instead of opening the actual door themselves (thats a real thing by the way) then eventually all those who fall for the hype of that kinda technology are possibly setting themselves up to be taken over by the internet or like merge with it in some weird way, i know it sounds crazy and i don't think many people will actually fall for that or even feel comfortable becoming part robot hooked up to the internet, but a lot of people are already on there phones a lot, i don't think it will get that far though but i think there is an agenda out there pushing for that or something similar.

As for robots, i don't know, theres another movie about robots and a world where humans live with them, it's got Will Smith in it, i.robot it's called. Theres also C-3PO from star wars, i guess those kinda robots or something similar would be ok, but if there conscious themselves there going to learn things and make there own opinions up about things, so they could be like C-3PO or something else.