View Single Post
Old 26-09-2016, 04:33 AM
Pathfinder
My response to the original question:

Yes you can. Or rather, you can identify with Christianity, but also identify with Wicca beliefs as well. Personally, I find it very difficult to just choose a religion, and to somehow agree with -every- single one of the beliefs that people say surrounding it in order to be considered a true follower of that particular religion or denomination. How can anyone just take a "box" and accept everything that is in it as the entire truth without even questioning the individual contents that are inside of it?

This may be a silly example but I feel it works: If you were a fan of jelly beans, but didn't happen to like the green or pink flavored ones, would that make you any less of a jelly bean lover? I feel this example happens to work with spirituality and beliefs. If there are specific beliefs that do not resonate with you and just feel wrong, let them go. That doesn't mean you can only be one or the other.

I am a Christian, in the fact I follow the bible, believe in Jesus Christ, am born again, and I strongly believe in the power of prayer. However, I also happen to believe in the healing power of crystals, animal totems, holistic medicine, and that there are spiritual guides and helpers all around us, such as the gods/goddesses/or ascended masters.

Some people might say I can't have it both ways, but really, you can. Or that I'm not a true "christian" because I have a mystical side. I say: Its my choice, my decision, and I find it silly to take any set of beliefs and to dismiss them as completely "bad" or "wrong." Its up to you ultimately to choose what feels right to you in your own heart and spirit.

Check out the book "The Path of a Christian Witch" by Adelina St. Clair. This is a good example of someone who identified with two completely different belief systems, but for her, it works. I believe if you can identify with different things, it shows that you are a open minded person.