View Single Post
Old 18-03-2018, 10:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
It seems the original poster has not responded.

I have not seen male bashing at all in this thread.

I suppose it depends on how you define this?

I haven't read male bashing.

It seems I have thrown a bomb right on into this thread, and started a war here. Not, my intentions just showing off what was going on in this thread.

Is male bashing too hard of a word? Perhaps, but let's take a look at this, from this thread. With actual quotes form this thread from various posters. Not just one.

Quote:
.you may get along great but the timing is poor and most gents would be extremely horny 6 months on after many years of being reasonably well supplied sexually and then having to adjust suddenly to none of that. Like being out to sea for 6 months and then finally hitting port. So you have to ask yourself...is this gent so amazingly brilliant that you'd be ok with being shagged and dumped after say 6 to 12 months, just when you might have really begun to trust there was reason to think it was "long-term"?

Quote:
I've found that male divorce plaintiffs tend emotionally to be all-over-the-place (as in messed up, not ubiquitous). They're on the rebound, need their timing belts adjusted so they can return to normal running. Women are probably the same.

Quote:
Well you frequently hear women telling stories of dating men for years and they never leave their wives. I read in a book and the author of the book was, Sandra L Brown, some years back, and it said that it's a bad idea to date to married man because he will probably never leave his partner in the first place.

Quote:
The problem is, it will still be a risk as men on the rebound may seem ready even when they're not. So it's a huge risk.
We always think "Nah, it's different with me! He really loves me! Our love is strong enough to handle this."
But at some point I think 99% of these women end up heartbroken because the man dumped her. Rebound.

Now, from my layman's perspective you kind of see a trend here. Of stereotyping of males here. As being just, horny guys, who are out for flings, and just want to sleep with as many women as they can. With no intentions of ever really settling down with anyone... Now this may not be the actual message that is being conveyed, but this is what you will start to see when you start to see posts like these.

Caution should always be advised in a situation such as this. But such caution should not be biased one way, that the caution should be because guys are horny jerks.

It does appear though that women and men do look at relationships differently. Perhaps women do have a more emotional connection much faster than their male counterparts. And perhaps that should be taken into consideration. But to say guys think so lowly of women and are governed solely by what is in their pants is a little insulting.

And my post was not to offend, and I apologize if I did.