View Single Post
Old 25-06-2018, 07:00 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmond
As I read through the comments I noticed odd differences about customs. Here most of the people go for cremation, but the urns containing ashes are later still buried in family graves, so people have a place to go, which I guess solves the problem. I would definitely prefer cremation in order to not leave anything behind to tie me down, but there are some other options that are available today, that might be a bit exotic. One such is being buried in a oval, egg shaped like container, body intact, which has a seed or a small sapling inside with all the required nutrients, and of-course those the decomposing body will provide, to grow in to a mighty tree. Idea is to have cemeteries with trees serving as tombstones, which I find beautiful but at the same time, imagine could be a little bit unnerving actually experiencing?

Thats interesting, ive never heard about this mighty tree burial. It would take up too much space at cemetaries and likely cost 4 or 5x more than a plot. But that would be a sight to see. I guess thats why so many people have a bench dedicated to a loved one. I asked this question because ive worked at a cemetary for some time now. Many people do hate the thought of very slowly rotting away underground... Also, i forogt to put entombment being the same as burial. And the embalming process is not a nice thought. Where i live (very culturally diverse), about 75% of the time it is a very traditional burial

I wonder how viable cryogenically frozen will become in some years from now. Thats always fascinated me