View Single Post
Old 27-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
I tried tact but you often need to understand someone's ego very well in order to negotiate their defenses. Real-time feedback helps a ton too.
Another way? Not really but I'm open to suggestions... or demonstrations.
Interesting read this thread. First channeling thread i have ever read.

The way i choose is what Jesus spoke of.
There's two passages from the bible that i interpret as his expression of his attitude/motivation for helping others.

1: He explained to his disciples when they went on their first door to door witnessing\evangelizing thingy.
He said you knock on their door, share the message, if they invite you in, you enter.
If they reject the message, you say thankyou and leave them be.

2: Jesus said, speaking metaphorically, "i stand at the door and knock, if they welcome me , i enter and sup with them."

My interpretation, Jesus is saying you offer your help(in the case of this thread, information), if they accept it into their hearts, the help is welcomed and recieved.
If they reject the information, you simply leave them be.
you don't try to break down the door to a person's soul/heart/mind/whatever you wanna call it.

You, with genuine compassion for the person, knock on their door, if they never open, continuous knocking just becomes an annoying noise.

If they open their door and listen to your information, but do not agree with it, you simply let them be and they are as equally free to believe what ever they choose just as you are.
You do not continue as it's now obvious they do not believe what you want to say. If you continue, your words just become an annoying noise.

If they open their door and listen and agree with your words or continue to show interest, they will invite you in and you can share your brains out and they will recieve it openly.
Quote:
Is there no cracking through that ego?
This is you trying to force your way into another.
All this will do is raise their defenses. It's counter productive to what you want to achieve.

If a person is interested, they will willingly lower their defenses. No force is necessary.
If they are not interested, any force will be met with equal force in the form of defensiveness or retaliation.
Quote:
There is no shame in being deluded. We all are. I strongly doubt there is a single person on this board who can reliably tell truth from delusion in these subtle matters.
According to your conclusion, this includes you.
Yet here you are, doing the same as those you disagree with, claiming one's interpretation is truth.

If they don't believe or agree with you, let them be.
If you believe they are deluded, let them be in their delusion.
You don't get in by trying to knock their walls down especially with a hammer labeled "your delusional or wrong"

Jesus showed by example that genuine love and compassion for the lost was the most affective way into their hearts.
And if a person rejected him or his message, he compassionately left them alone to believe whatever they want to believe,
with no ill intent toward them.