View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 08:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Which do you prefer or which do you think gives you better results?

I like to do both. I prefer outdoors running though. It gives me more freedom in movement. I can go backwards, sideways (left side forward), sideways (right side forward), zig-zag, sidesteps, sprints, etc. Which improves your footwork if you do other sports. Also the feeling of the sun, and the breeze motivates me to run longer. It becomes more of a dance and a joy than a workout.

But i also realize the treadmill has its benefits if you're looking to increase your speed. While running outdoors its easy to slow down without realizing it but while on a treadmill you can set it at a certain speed and you would have to remain at that speed for the duration of the time you set yourself. So if you're looking to increase speed and endurance perhaps the treadmill would be of greater use.

ocean breeze - I use to run outside every day and ran several foot races, but after being fiercely attacked by a dog while walking my dog, I don't even go for walks outside (at least not alone and even then I am on alert). So given that and for the pure convenience of it, I like to elliptical in my basement while watching the news. But I miss the freedom of running outside and not being fearful of anything, but just feeling free.