View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 05:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
Religion is all about social order and control. You can have character, without being subservient to a "Master".
Every belief system, including yours and mine, are nothing other than a reflection of our current understanding. That understanding changes from year to year, from lifetime to lifetime. People are where they are at in their understanding, because that's what they need. Some people may need social order and control. Also, religion for many is about learning to love. So religion isn't a bad thing for many.

You talk about judgment and say someone is judging you, but then your judge religion with this incredibly harsh and one-sided perspective. I agree religion has many serious faults, and I am the first to point them out in an open discussion. But the OP is asking a very simple question and making a very loving statement about religion. In cases like that I feel it is appropriate to honor the spirit of the inquiry; in this case, add something equally positive while confirming that which is good in religion.

I am not trying to tell you what to post, just suggesting there are human dynamics to take into account with any question, including assessing the spirit of the inquiry.