View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 05:25 AM
Master
One more thing, Honza. It may come as a rude shock/awakening, but if you place so much credence in religion over spirituality as a way of life, then join a religion and become fully engaged and enmeshed within it. Religions have little time for all these 'new-age' beliefs, so you'll find more people there who will agree with you, support you and comfort you through all this.

The good thing about religion is the whole 'safety in numbers' aspect of it. Also, within the religious framework, there are teachings and doctrines that help one come to terms with this whole new-age thing and you can fall back upon it rather comfortably and if anybody disagrees, you have people to turn to who will say 'let them do what they want...God gave us 'free will' and so, it is all up to THEM and 'going to hell' becomes their choice.'

It gets to the stage where one must 'choose sides' and not continue to sit on the fence about these issues...and of course, you'll get 'spiritual people' who will call you 'dogmatic' and 'sheep mentality' and 'part of the problem' and even worse things, but what do you know? your religion has an answer for these kinds of people too! It may be 'stock-in-trade' but it lets them know who you are and where you stand.

I prefer religion over spirituality myself, because religions are established and based upon centuries old traditions and I am NOT just talking about Christianity here, but Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam and anything else that has more people besides 'just me' treading on the path. When more people are treading the same path you are, there is understanding and the recognition of shared experiences.

So, if you think religion is better than spirituality, pour your whole heart and soul into your chosen religion, adopt their tenets and dogmas and be happy and satisfied. I am going to be doing exactly the same thing. All the best, my dear.