Thread: Negative Energy
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2012, 02:20 PM
fallenangel

Well there are a few different ways of cleansing a house of negative energy, but in my opinion the most effective is smudging, using smoke to cleanse and banish the negative energy.

Before you start remember that energy is everywhere, and when energy impacts an environment it changes it for good or for bad. So using positive energy will remove the negative. It is important to enter into the cleansing process with a good attitude, one of love and happiness, not anger, fear, hatred etc.

For smudging you will need either white sage, or normal garden sage will also work well, or any type of pine. You can even use both together. You can use a wad of leaves, powered sgae or pine, or a smudge stick. carry a heatproof container in your left hand and the sage/pine in your right. When smudging a room, work in one direction, spiralling to the center. Which direction you use is up to you, or try both. Counter clockwise is usually considered banishing, clockwise is invoking. Try to start near, but not in front of the door, sweeping the smoke into all corners, up to the ceiling and down to the floor. If you use leaves or a smudge stick, knock the ashes off often, so you won't catch anything on fire. It's a good idea to keep a container of water close by, just in case.

Repeat the following, if you wish, during the smudging:

***From the Element of Fire
Comes this smoke, which is Air.
From the Element of Earth
Grows this plant, which is Water.
I call upon the Elements and the Blessings of Spirit
To please cleanse this (area, space, being, etc.)
For the good of all.***

Continue until you feel every inch of the area has been touched by the smoke. Also carry out in any areas of the house that you feel necessary. I know peoplle that just do the one room where they feel the negative energy, or others prefer to do the whole house. It might be better to do this when you are home on your own too. Intent and visualization are important. Visualizing the movement of energy adds a lot of power to the cleansing procedure.

Good luck. Love and light xx