View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 01:17 AM
Master
The Actualisation of Loving-Kindness

Hi Guys.

This thread follows on my other thread called 'Mindfulness and Metta'.

I had requested on the other thread that people don't cut and paste their research there, but people want to do that, so please do that there; not here.

This thread is like a reminder and an opportunity to touch upon your own inner-heart and radiate good-will from there. The words spoken here will then be expressed with sincere, real-lived loving-kindness.

The actualisation of this is very beneficial. It raises happiness in you and extends it to others, who are also uplifted, further amplifying the positivity which resonates throughout the world.

In Buddhism this is a deliberate practice which helps to cultivate ones meritorious qualities, arouses love and happiness within you, and shares those merits generously with others.

That's how I explain the thing according to my understanding in my own words, and I want what I say to be of benefit to other people. It doesn't matter if I'm right or wrong or if a Buddhist monk can say it any better - Metta is this kind intent, the wish that you shall benefit and be happy - and that peace be the heart of all living things.

Last edited by Gem : 11-02-2019 at 03:42 AM.