Thread: Lord Shiva ...
View Single Post
Old 13-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Dear Xmode.

I don't know what country you come from, but I am assuming you are of Bharat descent.

I am not, but in my travels, there are a few things I have learned about how Hindus approach the problem of bad spirits and demons.

I was married once...to a Hindu priest from Fiji and I had a very superstitious mother-in-law...a few things I picked up and I am now applying them myself after last night.

First is to do Nav Graha Puja and Hawan. I have just completed it. I'm also a qualified pujari anyway, but jyotisha totally escapes me...I tried to learn it once...made my brain hurt too much.

Anyway, get Nav Graha Puja and Hawan done...take the kund into every room and just let the samagri smoke just permeate.

After this, get some aesafoetida (heeng) and a tiny piece of muslin cloth, roll the heeng into a small ball, wrap it in the cloth, tie it up and hang it either around your neck or near your bed...it stinks...to high heaven, but bad spirits hate the smell of it more than what we do.

Before you sleep, place a knife or sharp metallic object under your pillow and you can also keep a rudrakska bead there. I just noticed that last night, was the first time I went to sleep without wearing my rudraksha kangan because it broke and I have to fix it.

If dark spirits wake you in the night, lick your fingers and rub saliva all over your forehead...or you can do this at any time, really. It's like marking your own astral territory.

Have a shower and brush your teeth before bed and try not to go out in the night time whilst you are dirty and then come back home and go straight to bed...

Anyway, these are old-wives tales...but there is merit to them because they actually work.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Insightful stuff. I am sorry that you had psychic attacks at night.

Here are some tips by Dr. Frederick Lenz ( Zen Master Rama) for psychic self-defence which may come in handy.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon