View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 11:17 PM
Master

Wow!

Thankyou Golden Angel.

These recipes sound amazing and luxurious, especially the lip balm and body milk.
You went to some effort to share them, thankyou.

I am going to start off trying the scrub because it may be the easiest to start with for now.

I made a similar one once with a group of young Mums. It was a class all about home made beauty products for cheaper alternatives (and happily a positive environmental impact as a result hehe).

I used Lavender oil and some kind of citrus oil I think.

Speaking of lavender oil, if you have a house fly problem - lavender oil seems to attract them. I made a mixture of cleaning solution by mixing lavender oil with eucalyptus oil in a dish of water and I left it out... I discovered that flies LOVE lavender oil.
They all met their end in a smelly heaven. It may not be a good solution if you are uncomfortable with the flies dying though (I did feel a tinge of guilt myself). It does make a much less toxic solution though if you are looking for a natural pest control.

My deodorant recipe is a work in progress. I am currently using bi - carb soda and coconut oil with my favorite essential oils about 10 drops total but I will have to try experimenting with other ingredients to help get the right consistency.
It currently sets too hard in winter or if put in the fridge and melts if the temperature gets too hot in summer.

I just made an amazing mold cleaner as well by mixing Theives oil (5 drops) with eucalyptus oil ( a big splosh) tea tree (3 drops) oil and lavender oil (2 drops)... all mixed in white vinegar.
I used it because everyone in my house was getting bad allergies including my poor cat...It worked extremely well... no more blocked sinuses, runny noses, sneezing and headaches!