Thread: The Three Kayas
View Single Post
Old 25-08-2018, 12:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Gem,

Please read this again and see where you are projecting onto others your own issues.

Well the assertion of my issues is you being the expert on me, and thereby assuming the position to make this athoriative assertion, instead of addressing what I actually said in the comment I made to you prior to you taking such a stance.

Quote:
Exerting Power? That is really only in your head.

Can you show me a quote from you where you have advocated quoting from "supposedly holy text is fine, great and helpful"? Because you have been saying even within this post that doing so is about power. Also, I can't really recall too many quotes from holy texts from you to indicate that is your position. I can't remember any to be honest.

I ceaselessly reference Buddhist teachings, but not to fortify my own positions.

Quote:
You can't know someone's intent.

That's naive.

Quote:
It is a projection from within yourself.

Try the Dharma Contemplation and you will see, it is all you projecting your own issues and fears onto others. To dismiss them...

The pattern is to deride first, and then instruct.

Quote:
Also, the logical way to learn within a discussion is to quote from authoritive, learned, respected teachers on the topics when there is a debate. If you don't and just well I thing it is this and someone else is no, I think it is this. It is like dumb and dumber talking to each other.

I made the point of how people misuse the authorative text to prop up their personal viewpoint, and this relates to motive. I have seen the kind of speech, and apparently some was cleaned up that arises from a particular sort of intent, not a kind intent, and I'm not so naive that I don't know what sort of reactionary mind drives intents that give rise to thread closures.

Quote:
Yes, you learn from those who have more knowledge and experience than you. You don't project your issues on why they are sharing onto them. That is nothing more than your own issues coming out.

I just talk to my teachers about my meditation practice and they comment in an appropriate way,

Quote:
Gem, you have a history of talking about power, authority figure issues

that's true.

Quote:
and how it is all about control and power.

That's a misrepresentation. I rarely speak in extremes and almost always speak in nuances.

Quote:
If you will notice, the topic has been about texts and views on the teachings. Who brought up peoples intent? Who brought up issues with Power?

I did. You started the issues accusations, which is a domination tactic. Basically you're just a guy like me so you don't get to make personal assertions, tell me what I believe, and so on. That's reasonable, isn't it?

Quote:
You are doing what you accuse others of.

I don't actually tell you about your issues, claim to know what you believe and so forth. I don't. I'm not the expert on you and don't pretend to be.

Quote:
One way to end a discussion is to accuse others of ill intent, of wanting authority, control and power by sharing teachings or god forbid being a teacher. Unless of course it is you doing the teaching.. right?

Well in the past I have talked to you until you start to assert things about me, then I stop talking to you.

Quote:
Right meditation?
It is right to you, to your meaning, to your understanding but that doesn't make it right for others.

That's true.

Quote:
Saying it is 'right meditation' shows some ego
Well, that's not true, but I think we can all see how it works to discredit me, and position you as the expert on Gem. It's there to see. it's not a respectful way to address anyone.

Quote:
especially from someone who has said they have no experience in jhanas in the Buddhist section.

Yes this is true, teachings on Jhanas were mentioned in passing but were not covered in depth during my meditation studies. I might have experienced what is called 'jhanna' but I have no knowledge of Jhannas in the philosophy. I don't know what 'jhanna' means or refers to. To suggest this gap in knowledge or experience discredits me in some way, however, is fundamentally misguided.