View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 01:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I think art is very imp, also.
Music, sculpture, paintings, poetry, even fashion, architecture, interior design...I don't say the word 'should' ...but it should
inspire the soul to soar or to be quietly pensive.

Nothing matters in this world if it doesn't encourage a person to be
loving, kind, to think of beautiful things.
I know some artists paint or photograph things that stir up people politically...
in that way they really intend to do the same thing, but in a more aggressive way...ok.

I am an artist, retired now, so I don't talk about it here...in galleries, restaurants all over, getting calls to be placed in airports and
government lobbies in DC, shipping all over...(I have done and can do 20 ft x 10ft pieces easily, see.)
The intent for me is just beauty and wonder...the person opens their imagination and tells me they see things I didn't even see!
It's wonderful. (So no one asks me...I'll just say metal, esp copper work.)

My stain glass pieces do something different...splashes of color with the sun coming through
actually wakes up the brain somehow ...it uplifts people 'somehow'...it's a wonderful thing.

Inspiring, Miss H!!! Being an artist myself I just wanted to say once an artist (in any form), always an artist. I have taken a hiatus from creating because life has gotten busy lately, but I hope to never be retired from being an artist.