View Single Post
Old 30-06-2019, 10:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Sorry that my take on that video isn't positive. I really feel that I wasted 20 minutes of my life (and now I'm wasting more, commenting ...). Both the premises and the rationalizations of that video's author proved his (understandable) limitations.

His belief isn't better, nor worse, than the beliefs he criticizes, and applying his perky judgement to his beliefs you can't conclude that his 20 minute video has served another purpose than collecting clicks, monetary donations, and stroking his ego of having followers.

Almost every time when I give another try to items on my ignore list I end up regretting it. Is it worth to look for the pearl in the heap of dong? It happens. That's why I've decided to comment here.
I sincerely apologise for wasting your precious time, and if there was any way I could give that 20 minutes back to you, plus the time it also took you to comment here, I would. No doubt you must have very important things to do, rather than communicating with those whom you have deemed beneath you.

If you feel like wasting more of your precious time (and not that I would ever expect you to), could you possibly tell me which specific arguments you disagreed with and why? What did you think was incorrect about the subject matter? Other than basically saying that you didn't like the guy or the way the video was presented? Thus taking the Ad Hominem approach when critiquing the Hermetic philosophy contained therein based only upon this? May I request you to be more specific rather than general so we may be able to discuss it? Rather than your general comments about the video quality and the assumed motives of the presentation which does absolutely nothing for my spiritual edification here.

OR you could just go back to placing me on your ignore list so you don't regret your actions anymore - I am cool either way.

Thank you for also taking the time to reply and I should have mentioned at the outset that I would prefer serious critiques of content over a general hatred of the production and presentation of it because that doesn't get anybody anywhere.

Last edited by Shivani Devi : 30-06-2019 at 11:17 PM.