View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 08:44 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Hi wanchain,

Yes I need to clarify that. You are correct, the dumai and renmai acupuncture points run along the back and front of the body (outside). But when the needle is inserted, it runs along an energy channel and into the sushumna channel, so it's associated with the sushumna.

On my blog I have these images showing what the needle is pointing to that is in the subtle body within the physical body.

It starts at the level of skin but ends deep inside entering into a minor chakra point. That's what I'm researching.

When I do the microcosmic orbit meditation I am working the sushumna channel within. This is Taoist neidan (inner alchemy) that Mantak Chia writes about.

Thanks again for your interest and help.

Uma

Sorry, I didn't see your message until now. And sorry if I sounded arrogant earlier.

You brought out an interesting point for me to ponder on. I don't know sushumna well, but I know the dumai well enough, because my acupuncturist would poke needles into some of those points, and they're outside the spine. Sushumna is inside the spine. So okay, the dumai can extend toward the inside of the spine you say? I guess it's possible.

There is another reason I think they're different. Sushumna is neutral, not yin not yang, because the two channels beside it are the yin and the yang channels, and so sushumna is the neutral channel that you go to for inner balance. Dumai is a yang channel, and has the power to guard and govern. So the nature and function of them seem different.

Perhaps at some level they will merge as one and the same, but I guess that you will have to find out.

Wanchain