View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 12:33 AM
Knower

Do our dreams give us answers/solutions?

My Dream:

I'm working at my old job as if I never left. (I'm currently unemployed in reality). I am struggling to keep up with the work, but I'm finding it really hard to do. I feel overwhelmed and am stressed out and feeling like I don't have enough help. There was someone helping me in the dream, but I guess it feels like it's not enough help. My helper takes the radio which in the dream is also a clock and he accidentally submerges it under water. (I worked in a kitchen and there were deep sinks for washing dishes). He gets it all wet so we couldn't plug it back in. So we no longer had a clock to see what time it was.

My Interpretation:

I think this dream is about what happened yesterday. I was working on the computer trying to figure out how to come up with images for my facebook ads. Which might be why the dream shows me working. I am struggling trying to come up with the right images. I was feeling overwhelmed and stressed out and feeling like I didn't have enough help. And yes there is somebody helping me, it just doesn't feel like enough help. In the dream my helper gets the radio/clock wet so it doesn't work. In reality the person helping me and telling me what I need to do isn't helping me at the moment. As symbolized by the wet radio – no information/communication currently being sent and received. And the clock has stopped symbolizing that I'm at a stand still at this moment in time and can't move forward.

What the heck is the purpose of dreams?

So that's what I think the dream is about. It seems to correlate with what I was doing and feeling yesterday. Most of my dreams that I have interpreted are usually about what happened the day before. They just seem to recap what happened but converted into symbols. They never seem to tell me anything useful. I've read books on dream interpretation that explain how our dreams give us answers and solution and things we can do, but mine never do. Why is that? Like this one, all they seem to do is recap what I was doing, thinking, and feeling the day before. I already knew this information. Why don't they give me something I can use?

If the purpose of our dreams isn't to help us, then what's the purpose of them? Is it just the subconscious minds way of reviewing the days events symbolically as it send this information back to Source/God? I think we're all extensions of Source Energy (God) and that Source learns and grows from all of our experiences.