View Single Post
Old 13-12-2016, 10:54 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I agree with you that I just need to live my life and totally forget about spirituality, god and all that...but for some reason I just cannot do it - being 'spiritual' wasn't a lifestyle choice for me. It was either I become a spiritual being or kill myself - no middle ground there.
But I'm not sure what you are doing is actually spiritual. It is in the sense that people believe that thinking certain things, about certain things, in a certain sorta way is a spiritual endevour, but I'm not convinced at all that this is the way that spirituality rolls. I do have a goal, but it's not an active goal, it's a leaning toward absolute quiet. I know all the things that you talk about, and have been there myself over quiet a few years, but few things are bringing results like this goal of clean silent awaiting.

Remember how I mentioned that we don't control synchronicity, that we don't control how things come about? When we do project onto life any impressions that we've manufactured we are overlaying our belief structure onto the environment that surrounds us. The more we think about spiritual things the more we block how it's expressed. Spirituality is spontaneous and emerges from a fountain out of view.

I'm not suggesting that you give up spirituality, what I am encouraging you to do is to stop trying to make it happen. Don't be mindful in the way that you're "actively engaged", be mindful in the sense that you're open to what unfolds in a spontaneous way.

If you read how proficient mediums get the information that they do, they do so by opening themselves quietly to the images that emerge of their own volition. And that's it, they don't pursue anything, it comes to them.

Just in the last couple of days I've had two such events occur that can demonstrate this spontaneity at work.

Two days ago a close friend and I drove almost an hour across town with the intention of going to an outdoor exhibition of christmas lights and displays. As we pulled into the parking lot I realized that I'd left my warm jacket at home. It was freezing cold outside and going without a jacket would be difficult, to say the least. Oh well, we both said and planed on returning later, we enjoyed the ride out there among the snow laden landscape. We were approaching a stop light to turn left to head home when our phone rang. It was a close mutual friend of ours who had just been in a automobile accident. We moved over to the right lane and turned right instead. We were only 10 minutes away. It seems this was the purpose of our being drawn to this display. The synchronicity of events were uncanny.

The night before last I was dreaming near morning when this odd little sound intruded itself into a dream. It was a muffled popping sound and was repeating itself at a very distinct pace. The dream was unusually long, about 15 minutes or so, which in a dream state seems like forever. I woke up quite puzzled. The entire dream had this repetitive, steady sound, embedded throughout the timeline. A few minutes after getting out of bed I was looking out the window and noticed my electric fence ribbon outside and realized almost instantly that was it. The pulse was the exact pulse that our fence charger makes. We had had a fair amount of snow and the ribbon was weighed down, so I dressed and walked the perimeter and found where the ribbon was touching a metal fence about 200 feet from the house. There is no way I could have manually heard this from the house. I also cleaned the rest of the fence along the way.

So this is just two days of such happenings, I get something like this most every day, sometimes many throughout the day. Everything from small to big to sometimes huge synchronicity entwinings that all have one thing in common. There is absolutely no way I could anticipate, plan-for, coordinate or control, it only requires that I be open to the unexpected.

So to me being mindful is simply about being open and responsive to the vast diversity of what may appear. This includes lucid dreaming experiences, out of body experiences, precognitive dreaming, and chance meetings that lead to intense and unpredictable things.

If I want to shut off this flow I can do so by attempting to exert some control. I've never initiated anything of any real value by trying to purposefully move things with my head. :)