Thread: Blue Rays
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2011, 04:26 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
You are exactly right, this applies to ALL members/visitors.

Thank you silvergirl and admin for the effort.
I have a friend who is very spiritual. It applies to all aspects of her life and has for many years. She is a 'special needs' teacher for behavioral teenagers who can't function in a regular school setting. She gets them when all other options are at a dead end. She has enough degrees that she could be a principal of a large school, if she chose. But she prefers to remain with the behavioral kids. She has also taught school in a mental hospital facility.
She bases her classes on the premise of indigo, etc. Her classes are highly successful and her students graduate with the knowledge that they need to function as adults in the real world. Kids who have no behavior problems want to be in her classes due to the methods and attitude she has towards teaching.
I work with behavior challenged kids from the ages of 4 to 18. Many of these kids are put on medications that are detrimental to their health. More diabetics, higher cholestral, heart problems, kidney troubles,weight issues. And who knows what else will crop up in several years. Some of the medications come with a warning that they can cause suicidal ideations and the kid is in the hospital for a SUICIDE ATTEMPT!
Would any of this change if we treated these kids as indigos, etc ? Would they continue to scar up their bodies with self harm cutting to cope with the emotional and physical pain that they have already endured in their short lives? Or would they have better tools presented as coping tools if they were taught meditation , sound and color therapy, or a way to connect with their higher selves?
I apologize if I have offended anyone, but this is very personal to me as I deal with it as a career and vocation. Perhaps one day the medical field and the general will be more open to these ideas. In the past mentally ill were hid in attics, shipped off to what we now call "snake pits", hosed down with strong firehoses of cold water , electro shock therapy and lobotomies. We have come out of that dark age and hopefully we will advance further on more positive treatments.