View Single Post
Old 27-04-2019, 07:31 PM
Guide
I think considering death is very healthy, although like any obsession can then become counter-productive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
With respect, this article seems morbid from my point of view
According to the article at the section "What happens to us when we die"

DEATH HAS TWO STAGES: THE FIRST IS A MEANINGLESS BLACKOUT STAGE, THE SECOND STAGE IS WHEN DEATH DISSOLVES US INTO NOTHING

Are they reffering to 'nothing' as void? Can someone explain that paragraph of "What happens to us when we die?"

I tend to agree that when we die we dissolve into nothing - the cosmic consciousness from where we came. Where our individual consciousness simply ceases to be.

From an individual viewpoint, this may seem a little depressing. Although if we see ourselves as this universe, beyond our individuality, then we realise we live on through everyone and everything eternally. This I find so very beautiful, and allows me to appreciate my existence; the existence of others; and the world around me - in each continuous moment.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking