Thread: No God
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 05:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
i should probably shut up. obviously you and jonesboy have practices that work well and are giving the results y'all want. plus if your saying its not about avoidance of emotions and such then i have nothing to debate with y'all about. except it might get boring. lol.

Just speaking for myself, I'm not trying to get anything from meditation, so I only practice keeping a calm balance of mind, and that really means ceasing to react to whatever experience I have. My view is that gaining something from meditation is fundamentally misguided as meditation becomes a means to an end rather than the truth of what is. The actuality as it is now.

Of course the experts will argue because there's nothing special, and if there's nothing special, why even meditate? No energies or no bliss? Just this experience as it actually is? What's the point? Why do all this if there is no result I want? That lot is being fabricated by the mind, and you can notice the mind coming up with all that. In this way, if you noticed, you understand what meditation is fundamentally.