View Single Post
Old 23-12-2017, 12:24 AM
Ascender
My own meditation...

Today I sit. For a few moments, I allow sorrow to fill my body. Feel it over flow from heart's center. It spills out into each limb. Outside my body, my being. I breathe, feel the energy take over. The suffering, pain, all felt in my tears as they purge from my eyes, streaming down the skin and pooling at my collarbone. Awareness that this will not always be but to give myself this moment to mourn over what has been lost. Who is to blame? What is there to blame? What will become of this? I close my eyes. Memories. They rise forth in hauntingly numb ways. Worries of what to do next. I am drowning. Drowning in sadness. Gasping for relief, I raise my hands above the water. I pray. I pray and imagine all that consumes me to push out through my hands creating a dark cloud above me. The cloud rises. It spirals. Into the sky, it dissipates. It is no longer a part of me. It is not me. I release my hands. I am floating. My mind is free. Basking in the waves, the light washes over me. These moments transform and rewire the way I think. It is here in these moments where I realize I have the choice and power to expel what does not serve me and receive all that heals me. Sometimes we just need this. Not to relive our pain every day but to briefly feel it. Observe it and let go. Who knows how many times it needs to be done in order to feel content. There is faith. Faith in facing and exploring the well of strength within my core.