View Single Post
Old 18-11-2019, 03:05 PM
Knower

As far as there being no such thing as black, white, or grey magic, etcetera, I feel like there are differences. What sort of energies I draw upon are the differences I think. I don't know what grey magic is, but when working with energies I can feel a distinct, definite difference between energies that are "light" or "dark". For me the symbolism isn't as important as the energies involved in determining whether it's dark or not.

While some old witchcraft may accept magic that causes harm, I don't. I think magic allows you to influence fate and using it to cause harm is irresponsible and egotistical all in one.

Jenny, when I say "magic that is harmful" I mean magic cast with the intent to bring pain or displeasure, or misfortune to someone. I don't have experience with healing curses/hexes, but I have been healed by dark energy, and while it was powerful healing, it was also painful. That seems to be playing with a dangerous line, at least if you do it to someone else without permission.

I suppose my working definition for black magic was simply "unethical magic", but since the term black magic seems to be getting in the way here, maybe I could re-frame the question:

What are your magical ethics? What is the line between appropriate and inappropriate magic?

In particular, if you know what I mean when I say "darker energies" and "light energies" do you think it is unethical to work with darker energies without intent to harm?

Jenny, I have to respectfully disagree when you say all magic uses the same energy. I can tell distinct differences between energies from different sources, be that a deity, a nature spirit, etc. etc. The energies we put in also influence what we get out, hence why, say, calling on certain deities truly is more effective for certain things, in my experience. If you want protection, you go to Thor, not Odin, correct? And I can feel the difference in their energies.

i also want to make sure you know I mean no offense. Your perspective will be different, and I've already gotten value from this thread.