View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 08:53 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
I don't like the term sensitive person, I find it in the same category as other mental illnesses.

My understanding is that trauma corrodes a persons brain parts until they begin to exhibit symptoms. All these "sensitive person" traits are common of traumatized people.

Seems like just another way of lumping people together.

bleh. s.

That's a really interesting view. I must say that when I first discovered the term, there was a part of me that resisted it. But then I took the 'test' and answered yes to all but a few of the questions. I did join the forum but found there wasn't an awful lot of activity and also I feel it didn't address my spiritual knowledge/needs/views. I asked once if anyone had tried a Q link and got shot down!

Your view that the symptoms are related to trauma could well be true. I was exposed to a massive trauma at the age of 5 that has affected me for all my life. It took hypnotherapy to realise why I had the trauma but the hypnotherapy didn't take the fear away. Also, when another trauma incident triggered the main one a few years back, a medium I'd been seeing for ten years (so well trusted) told me that it was linked to a previous life where I'd died at the age of 5 in pretty horrendous circumstances and the situation in this life at 5 had similar elements, which triggered the trauma/phobia. I also had another severe trauma in 2004 which I'm still trying to recover from. So you may well be right.