View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 04:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
I don't like the term sensitive person, I find it in the same category as other mental illnesses.

My understanding is that trauma corrodes a persons brain parts until they begin to exhibit symptoms. All these "sensitive person" traits are common of traumatized people.

Seems like just another way of lumping people together.

bleh.

still seems helpful and useful. I just thought I'd voice my opinion that there are better ways.

As you see and as you feel creates your view.

I don't get bound in that way in myself. If anything being highly sensitive when clear and unbounded by what it really is in me, allows me to be more true and aware of aspects of myself that I can access and utilize as part of my wholeness....I don't bind myself by labels, more use the understanding to build acceptance and find ways to balance all these aspects in myself, much like anything I notice myself that might stand out and show resistance, aversion, overwhelm or even sensitivity..
Understanding yourself as being highly sensitive, is really just understanding yourself.

The story your creating is really just your own around something that is just what it is.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder