View Single Post
Old 23-10-2019, 10:54 PM
Newbie ;)

I'll tell you where I'm at with my Twin, who broke up with me 5 years ago. We're still not together in a romantic relationship, and we may never be. I've grown tremendously from the lessons I learned from our connection, and in spite of the pain and difficulty and rejection, she's been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Our Twin connection was profoundly insightful for me and helped to me clear out negative emotions that I'd been carrying around for many years. I finally had real answers to difficult questions about myself, and it's helped me to thrive in a new way.

I still love her, and she may or may not love me - and that's the key. If you Twin doesn't love you, it may be because they can't love anyone. Some people can't love, period. If you can love and they can't, you win. Look at where your Twin is their life, and look where you are. If you're thriving with a vibrant life and they're depressed and struggling, their rejection of you is about their shortcomings, not yours.

I love my Twin, but over time I've come to see her differently. She isn't the goddess I thought she was. In fact, she has some pretty serious emotional problems. She's struggled with depression most of her life, she appears to have very few friends, and she can't keep a romantic relationship together. She's rude and selfish and has emotional outbursts. She's trying to get better, and I give her credit for that. The fact is that she's not in a great place in her life right now, and getting rejected by someone in a bad place is no loss. I'd even say that I would be the best thing that ever happened to her if she were to take me back.

Look at your Twin as objectively as possible. If they are thriving with a great life, great friends, great relationships and family, etc., while you are struggling, then maybe there is some basis for her rejection. But if you're thriving and they're struggling and they reject you, that speaks poorly of them, not you.