View Single Post
Old 28-05-2019, 08:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
All I can tell you is that too many, perhaps all, are male. I see it here: people extolling and/or preaching a male doctrine. Unless I'm wildly mistaken even Abraham Hicks is a female hiding behind a male name (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Why is this, I wonder? Do males have the monopoly on communication with the divine? Are they alone the gender with a toolbox of panaceas for increasingly distressing lives?

For all that, men are far more out of touch with their emotions than women. I find it weird that too many of these "ascended masters", gurus, whatever, derive their stuff by leading lives out of kilter with nature. The Roman church is typical, far from alone. Abstinence. Is that natural?

Males obviously do not have a monopoly on communication with the Divine. India has a long tradition of female yoginis and saints, some of whom (e.g. Anandamayi Ma) were widely revered. Even Christianity has had many notable female mystics who communed with the Divine.

I would not consider the Roman Catholic church as a source of spiritual wisdom. It teaches various dogmas which have their origins in political decisions designed to increase the power of the Catholic church.

But yes, the majority of teachers do seem to have incarnated in male bodies, and there may be practical reasons for this. As society develops we might expect that the balance of male/female teachers will even out.

Peace.