View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 02:13 PM
Guide

The basic issue with the whole concept of "God showing him/herself" is the notion that God is some sort of physical being.

God isn't this man sitting on a cloud.

I often think of this world more as a massively multi-player online roll playing game. The creator/programmer set the rules, designed the setting, and sets the players free to make of it what they will.

That's pretty much how I see God and his relationship to us. He created. Now it's all up to us.

As for seeing God, who's to say that we don't every day? What if God is a rainbow? Maybe that's what God looks like, or the sign he gives us that he's real. Maybe God is the sky, or a raven. Maybe God shows himself as gravity. We can't see gravity, but we obey its law and believe it exists.

Maybe God shows himself as storm clouds or a tornado? Who knows? Maybe God is the sunset, and you've just not recognized him.

I'm quite content with God doing whatever God's doing, and me living my life in this crazy world God created. I don't expect God to pay a lot of attention to my little problems. I'm just one of billions of (possibly) video game avatars...