Thread: Ascension
View Single Post
Old 16-10-2017, 11:41 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
That's what you mean by infectious?
Close but not quite. We all have an energy field or aura that surrounds us, and that field affects others. As in when your colleague noticed changes in you? Some people are more aware of it than others but we all pick up on each others' energies somewhere along the line.

Quote:
I think that’s what the problem is – have always had issues with authority figures. That’s what I like about Matt, there’s no sense of authority, no sense of ego, good sense of humour, friendly etc etc. That’s why I feel I can learn from him, and I’m learning loads
Yeah, a dislike of authority figures makes a lot of sense considering and probably contributes to your dislike of Alan Watts. Matt's very down-to-earth without the airs and graces that people in his position often project, and quite frankly that gets on my nerves some.

Quote:
Aah, I may have missed that unless you’re identifying something about my description of trauma or the impact.
You were talking about the trauma and its impact but I was talking about what's not so obvious, some impacts are deeper rooted than most. Sometimes it doesn't need healing and sometimes our perceptions of it need turning around.

Quote:
Yes, I think you’re right there. At the moment, it feels like every minute of my day is full of some activity, either work, running, chores, and even when I’m ‘relaxing’ I’m not. Like if I’m watching one of Matt’s videos, I’m now taking loads of notes, so I’m constnatly having to re-wind and write which is not exactly relaxing but it feels like some phrases are so important, I just have to write them down as a reminder.

This video in particular I found enlightening with again, things I’m putting into practice. At towards the end, I thought this is like the review you’d get when you passed over and at the moment he said “this is a life review”.

Made me smile!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejKqH0CZmnw

If you're rushing around like a headless chicken all day your mind's going to be distracted, in some ways that's maybe a good thing because being aware of how the energetic changes affect you isn't so much fun sometimes. However, are you turning into a Matt geek?

I had a quick look at the video and it's something I need to chew over, particularly the bit about his dream and the archetype, and typing that gave me major shivers. While I was watching it I was reminded of an experience I'd had about this time last year, I'd gone back in time to visit myself when I was very young. It wasn't a dream though, as a child I'd felt an energy beside me that wasn't familiar and in the experience it felt as though energetically I was standing to one side watching myself as a child. I also remember this shadowy figure telling me I was going to get one, but something inside knew differently at the time. Yep, freaky is the word. As a child I wanted a Johnny Seven gun so badly, it was the ultimate as far as I was concerned. My parents never had the money to buy me it, but one night my step-father had a big win at the bingo and the next day he asked all of us kids what we wanted. My parents already knew without asking. When they went to the shop they'd sold out and they'd stopped making them. Around the same time a year earlier someone had sent me one over from America.

Quote:
Of course up until I’d read the books, I didn’t know of Tom’s existence but I know from reading a lot of reviews, that his absence in the films upset a lot of people. I agree about a lot of spirituality in it.

Have you read this book

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tolkien-Bio...kien+biography

It’s fascinating and adds even more insight into the creation of the characters.
I also still have my 12 cinema tickets!
It's that time of year again, people asking me dumb questions like "What do you want for Christmas?" Tolkien's biography is about the only one I haven't got although truth-be-told the Eregon series isn't finished and each one is quite the healthy tome on its own.

Quote:
Oh gosh Mr G, that’s just crazy! Writing has also played a significant part in my life.

I didn’t do well at school, as an energetically sensitive soul (as Matt puts it), it was a toxic, frightening environment for me, Needless to say I emerged with the bare minimum of qualifications. Yet I had a vivid imagination and enjoyed writing stories. This interest developed until I started writing full length novels. A friend who I met at writing class taught me all the stuff I’d missed out on at school, plus showing me how to set out a manuscript. For about 10 years, I always had a novel on the go, spending my weekends writing. I sent my two last novels off to various publishers always to be told versions of yes, you can write and we really enjoyed your novel but it doesn’t neatly fit into a genre, therefore we can’t publish it. So about 10 years ago, after the final rejection, I stopped as I felt I’d devoted enough time to it. However, it wasn’t wasted, no experience ever is, I went back to college to take on a modern day GCSE English thinking let’s see how far my writing ability will take me. I passed with flying colours. So I thought, let’s try an A level, so I did film studies, studying both AS and A level in one year in the evenings, it was tough going but I passed with an A. So that showed that I’d always had the ability and given the right teachers, school could have been a different experience. Also, I did get a story published in a magazine.

This last week, I’ve been receiving a new symbol. A triangle with a circle directly above it. At first they were just there and then during the week they began to be filled with colours that would change, yellow circle, magenta triangle, or blue circle, black triangle. I looked on the net and couldn’t find anything that resonated apart from the top half of a halu reiki symbol and then I was guided that these symbols were personal to me. No idea what this is doing, just happy to go with it.
That's pretty damned cool with the writing, and you got a lot further than I ever did with it. Come to think of it, ten years ago (and some more because it happened over a few years) I was busy with the Amu Rai. It started off as a daft idea that a few of us were kicking around on a forum, and it inspired me to build the website. The idea was to write an on-going story where the writers took on avatars and wrote as that character. That's where Greenslade was 'born'. Damn how I miss those days. It was interesting though, because I could 'use' him to explore aspects of myself. To the casual reader the story looked a bit like anarchy released but it made sense to us, because one of the rules was that we could only write for our own characters. We also had a few side-stories going on as well, which made things interesting to because it meant a couple of characters could slope away on their own.
http://www.terec.org.uk/amurai/

Symbols are a step up from your numbers so that's a sign that you've gone a couple of steps upwards. The first thing that came to mind was Home or Point of Origin because what you've described sounds like the Stargate symbol for point of origin. The Stargate symbol is more like an 'A' without the horizontal line, but it has serifs (feet) that would make it look triangular. The triangle is one of the basic shapes in geometry and is one of the building blocks for the Platonic Solids, and each of the Solids can fit inside a circle or sphere with all of its points touching the circumference. Three also represents the trinity or the triune nature of the Universe - it's not duality but a triune or three aspects. The circle can also represent your sphere of thought/consciousness but it has been known to represent the Universe or eternity. It's also Lyran symbolism, to which you are closely connected. You've only just started with the symbols so they probably won't mean all that much right now, but if anything resonates with you then great. If not, oh well better luck next time. What it does mean though is communication rather than the nudge that your numbers were.

http://www.terec.org.uk/amurai/This for some reason reminds me of a song from one of my favourite bands of all time, Uriah Heep (David Byron era). A couple of months ago, I kept listening to it over and over and crying floods. Obviously releasing something but a beautiful song all the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVEqXkTozk8

Patrycia[/quote]If you had said anything other than the Byron era you and I would be having serious words right now. I bought Sweet Freedom on vinyl when it first came out, that was in my musically formative years. Later on I picked up another few here and there along the way. I still have Return to Fantasy on tape and a few of their earlier albums, including The Magician's Birthday. Yeah, I remember bawling my eyes out to this one. The Wizard reminds me of a very old and dear friend, the same one my avatar is a nod to. I can't count the number of Heep tracks that have meant things to me over the years.

Songs have this way of bringing things out from our depths - happy times, sad times and times when they were there during our rights of passage. Something inside identifies with a lyric or a few notes and it opens up the floodgates. I'm sitting listening to an acoustic version and it reminds me that the first cut is the deepest. Damn but I hate nostalgia.

Although he's no David Byron, Bernie does a decent enough job and the acoustic versions aren't bad neither. Not so rocking it as Stealing from Sweet Freedom but interesting and lyrical with the orchestra behind them. And when you add a touch of Thijs van Leer (ex-Focus) or Ian Anderson (ex-Jethro Tull) it's worth a listen if you're a fan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cIBA9MLAJw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwpRZoCGJzA