View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 08:12 PM
Experiencer
Angry Can there be a curse on your family/bloodline!???

Hi All,

It's been a while since I've posted but I need a little SF expertise... Can there be a curse on your family and/or bloodline?

I'm curious because every since I was a youngster, I've always had high hopes of doing grand things and making a lot of money. So, I set sail to pursue jobs I felt I'd be passionate about but never got them. No matter how hard I've tried, I've never (in my 34 yrs of life!) gotten a job I was interested in. For some reason, I can only get teaching jobs (read: low paying :( ) and I refuse to be a teacher and make pennies/year. (No offense to the teacher's out there :) )

Anyway, most of my family is in education and I can't stand how they continue to try to lure me into the same low paying job, while they complain about not being able to buy the things they want in life. I do not want that life for me, and I'm starting to wonder why those are the only opportunities that present themselves to me? I've applied to a variety of jobs, but I never get them... And, yes, I meet (and often exceed) the job requirements but I "gets no love!" Lol. Yet, teachers/principals tend to find me out of nowhere (e.g. The grocery store, my neighborhood, online forums, etc.) and try to talk me into teaching. I've even been offered graduate school admission (+ scholarships) to graduate teaching programs where I've started the app, but never finished it or uploaded working history, references, transcripts, etc. How weird!! And, this has happened more than once.

Sorry to rant, but--UGH!!! I DO NOT WANT TO BE A TEACHER!!! That's the only thing I've always said I never wanted to be and I'm getting a bit frustrated all doors close except the doors that leas to teaching. Yes, I love working with kids (and I enjoy tutoring) but I do not want to spend 60-75 hrs/wk working (#takehomework) and getting paid a teacher's salary. That sounds like hell on earth to me!!

So, what do you guys think? Is there a curse on my life that has limited me to low paying jobs and/or jobs I have no interest in? It's been over 10 years and I've yet to have an "open door" I chose. Please help!