Thread: House Music
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I think that is pretty much the case with most people who enjoy house music. The artists have obscure names like "16 bit lolitas" and the songs equally so.....

Only the geeks know who produced which song.

I wish i was the geek who knew all the songs lol, im a geek anyways, so that's a start haha. Yeah, it's hard to know when you here a song you like played by a DJ somewhere, unless you are a committed investigator of such things. I have had mild success at tracking some of it down.

Andrew - will check out your set or whatever the link is there, prepare to be judged haha ;)

House is a weakness in my music knowledge database repetoire. You got your hard house, your tribal house, your deep house, your minimal electro blah blah blah i get so confused all i know is house usually goes *ooon-ch ooon-ch, oon-ch oon-ch..* quite a bit heheh.

I find it interesting that there was this sort of division between house music lovers and breaks aficionados, i guess not that strange since everyone has there preferences, but i would hear 'I hate house' or 'house sucks' sometimes, and things like 'break and drum n bass is evil' also. Always wondered about that, the staunch 'house or breaks only' crowds. And don't even mention trance that would really do it. The one thing both house and breaks listeners could agree on probably, no trance, trance sucks.